Develops, maintains, tests, and releases Process Development Kits to multiple design centers, for Analog ICs and discrete power transistors in GaN process technologies.
- Develops and maintains proprietary PDKs for the full design flow: Schematic Entry, Simulation, Layout, DRC, LVS, PEX, LVL, tape out.
- Develops and maintains symbols, pcells, callbacks, technology files, etc.
- Expertise in Open Access PDK format.
- Creating scripts to do complex functions.
- Apply formal release and version control best practices, to PDKs that are deployed to multiple design centers.
- Working knowledge of IC design practices (schematics, basic circuit blocks, layouts).
- Understands, interprets, and accurately translates Design Rule Manuals and other documentation into PDKs.
- Works closely with device, process, circuit, layout, and modeling engineers to deliver highest quality PDKs, to achieve first mask success.
- Self driven and motivated to achieve schedules and commitments.
- Assemble and layout reticle fields for tape out, including scribe street structures, mask order forms, etc.
- Occasional layout design of product ICs & high power FETs.
- Assists users in setting up their EDA environment & configurations.
- System administration of Linux, NAS, and basic networks.