As a senior applications engineer with laser driver focus, you will be part of a world-class team designing, guiding, and evaluating leading-edge GaN-device based laser diode drivers that deliver unrivaled performance. A high-power GaN-based laser driver can generate 200 A, 3 ns pulses, and a GaN IC driver can generate 10 A, 20 V square waves at over 100 MHz. The raw performance of GaN leads to a host of interesting problems: how to characterize and analyze the effect of small parasitics on extreme current and voltage transitions, how to mitigate or incorporate the effects, how to do proper layouts that meet performance, thermal, and EMI requirements, and how to communicate these solutions to customers. You will also be expected to recognize where and how these solutions apply to other problems in power electronics. Your skills and achievements will be published at several internationally recognized peer-reviewed conferences, in journals, and trade magazines.
This position requires an independent self-starter who pays attention to detail, has excellent organizational skills, has a proven track record of success, can generate new ideas, and works as part of a team. You will enjoy the support of a highly talented team who will assist your career growth and knowledge of GaN FETs and ICs. The primary responsibilities for this position are:
- Development of pulse power drivers to drive laser diodes with nanosecond wide current pulses from 10 A to > 200 A.
- In-depth parasitic analysis of driver power loops for layout and simulation
- Development of measurement methods for extreme voltage and current pulses
- Development of Spice laser driver simulation models for use by EPC and our customers
- Design and produce demo boards that make use of all the above and develop related publications and educational materials
- Participate in the definition of new GaN devices by testing new GaN devices applications and providing feedback on improvements,
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to customers,
- Support sales and marketing teams,
- Write and publish world-class technical documents, papers, and books