Innovations are engineers’ intellectual properties. To promote and support engineers’ innovative designs with gallium nitride FETs, EE Times Taiwan and Efficient Conversion Corporation join hands in staging the “GaN Transistors for Efficient Power Conversion – Design Contest”.
The aim is to provide an exchange platform for participating engineers to use ANY EPC’s eGaN FETs in designing:
- a. a DC-DC power conversion solution OR
- b. Class D or Class E audio solution
Any participant can submit their own or their teams’ design solution in writing in either Chinese or English.
An expert panel of judges will judge and decide the Top 3 Winners who will be awarded with EE Times Taiwan Certificate and Efficient Power Conversion Corporation’s EPC9102 development board for each winner / winning team.
How to Submit:
- Download an application form from EE Times Taiwan (download form)
- Fill in all required information and submit through email to [email protected] Please mark the email title with the application form attachment: GaN Transistors for Efficient Power Conversion Design Contest
- Full design rules and contest procedure can be found at http://bit.ly/eGaN_DesignContest.
The contest submission period is from December 7, 2012 to January 18, 2013 (before 11:59pm)
- Expert Judgment Panel will select from design solutions submitted Top 3 Winning Engineer /Engineering Teams according to the criteria of 1) Innovativeness; 2) Creativity; and 3) Commerical Viability.
- EE Times Taiwan will report this activity throughout on its website.
Results Announcement Date
Results Announcement will be held on February 4, 2013 through EE Times Taiwan Online announcement.
Top 3 Winners who will be awarded with EE Times Taiwan Certificate and Efficient Power Conversion Corporation’s EPC9102 development board for each winner / winning team. The winning solution will be reported online with exposure to engineering communities as well as corporations worldwide.