Device Modeling Engineer
El Segundo or Aliso Viejo
Must already be based in the USA
Virtual / Telecommute:
Typically two days per week remote and three days per week in person, to vary depending on need.
EPC is the leader in making first-of-their-kind GaN-based integrated circuits (ICs). The success of these ICs hinges on accurate and fast design tools, including models of both active and passive components. In this role, you will analyze measurements of IC components and fit the data into physics-based models. Your contributions are essential in helping transition new devices from exploratory research to marketable products.
In addition, as EPC proliferates and expands its portfolio of products, increasingly large datasets are collected that require organization and processing; your data analysis will support the launch of new ICs.
- Develop and test spice and Verilog-A models of IC components
- Use Keysight Integrated Circuit Characterization and Analysis Program (IC-CAP) software to fit models to data
- Collaborate with process engineering, device engineering, IC designers, and IC device characterization engineering to develop test structures and measurement plans
- Produce a model package that integrates code, model cards, supporting libraries, and a model report, compatible with all Process Design Kit (PDK) requirements
- Analyze process control data and its implication for IC functionality
- Analyze volume test data to identify sources of yield loss
- Leverage data and simulation to identify the root cause of failing devices
- Create models for special cases and devices under development
- Received a degree in Engineering, Physics, Materials Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related field: either a Bachelor’s with significant coursework and research in electronics or a Master’s
- Strong understanding of circuits and electronic devices
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical measurements
- Experienced in automated data fitting (e.g., Python)
- Familiarity with circuit simulation (e.g., Spice)
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Fluent in English language and writing
- Ability to meet deadlines and operate autonomously
Desired Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Knowledge of analog circuit design
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing
- Experience with device simulation, including IC-CAP and Verilog-A
- Experience in Technology Computer-Aided Design (TCAD)
Send resume to [email protected]. Place the job opening number in the subject line of the email. Provide resume in PDF format and use full name in file name
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.