EPC9145 KIT – 1 kW 3-phase BLDC Motor Drive Inverter Evaluation Board
The EPC9145 demonstration board is a 3-phase BLDC motor drive inverter board featuring the EPC2206 eGaN FET 2.2 mΩ maximum RDS(on), 80 V maximum device voltage, it can deliver up to 28 Apk (20 ARMS) maximum output current. The board can also be configured for multi-phase DC–DC conversion and the EPC2206 supports PWM switching frequencies up to 250kHz.
The EPC9145 contains all the necessary critical functions circuits to support a complete motor drive inverter including gate drivers, regulated auxiliary power rails for housekeeping supplies, voltage, and temperature sense, accurate current sense, and protection functions.
The EPC9145 mates with an assortment of compatible controllers, supported by various manufacturers leveraging existing resources for quick development purposes, that can quickly be configured as a motor drive inverter or DC–DC converter.
The EPC9145KIT includes:
One (1) EPC9145 1 Kw GaN-based motor inverter board
One (1) EPC9147C mate board for STMicroelectronics STM32 Nucleo
One (1) EPC9147E controller board
- Small size: 130 mm x 100 mm (including connector)
- Low distortion switching to keep motor audio emission low and reduces torque ripple
- dv/dt optimized for motor drives less than 10 V/ns with option to increase for DC-DC applications
- Current sense
- All phases voltage sensing
- Temperature monitoring
- Three-phase motor drive
- Robotics, drones, e-mobility
- Multiphase interleaving buck converter
- Full bridge converter
EPC9167HC suggested for new designs