EPC9165KIT – 2 kW 48 V/14 V, 140 A Bi-directional
Power Module Evaluation Board
The EPC9165 evaluation power module is designed for 48 V to/from 14 V DC-DC applications. It features the EPC2302 enhancement mode eGaN® field effect transistors (FETs). The compatible controller module (EPC9528) includes the Microchip dsPIC33CK256MP503 16-bit digital controller.
This solution is scalable; two converters can be paralleled for 4 kW, three converters for 6 kW or only one phase can be used for 1 kW. In this application, the output voltage is 14 V; however, since the topology is a hard-switching buck converter, the output voltage can easily be adjusted for voltages between 12 V and 36 V.
The EPC9165KIT includes:
One (1) EPC9165 evaluation board
One (1) EPC9528 controller board
- High efficiency:96.1% @ 14.3 V/ 140 A output (buck)
- Small size: 108 x 70 x 40 mm (4.3 x 2.8 x 1.6 in)
- Designed switching frequency: 500 kHz
- Re-programmable– average current mode control (default)
- On board current sensor and temperature sensor
- Fault protection
- 48 V Automotive power – Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicles (MHEV)