EPC will exhibit live demonstrations showing how GaN technology’s superior performance is transforming power delivery for entire industries including computing, communications, and automotive.
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — March 2019 — The EPC team will be delivering eleven technical presentations on gallium nitride (GaN) technology and applications at APEC 2019 in Anaheim, California from March 17th through the 21st. In addition, the company will demonstrate its latest eGaN FETs and ICs in customers’ end products that are enabled by eGaN technology.
In the company’s booth, #953, demonstrations addressing DC-DC power levels starting at 120 W to 3 kW will be on display. Demonstrations include a high-power density 48 V – 12 V non-isolated, bidirectional converter capable of delivering 3 kW. In addition, a range of 3-D real-time Lidar imaging sensors used in autonomous vehicles will be displayed. Also on display will be high power resonant wireless charging solution capable of wirelessly powering a wide range of devices including cell phones, notebook computers, monitors, wireless speakers, smartwatches, and table lamps. Redefining the power conversion component, a new GaN IC will be shown.
The Premier Event in Applied Power Electronics™, APEC, focuses on the practical and applied aspects of the power electronics business. It is the leading conference for practicing power electronics professionals addressing a broad range of topics in the use, design, manufacture and marketing of all kinds of power electronics components and equipment. For more information on APEC go to http://www.apec-conf.org/
Technical Presentations Featuring GaN FETs and Integrated Circuits by EPC Experts:
- Educational Seminar: WBG Device Characterization for Converter Design: Challenges and Solutions
Instructors: Dr. Fred Wang, Dr. Zheyu Zhang, Dr. Edward A. Jones
- Evaluation of GaN-Based Multilevel Converters
Presenter: Dr. Yuanzhe Zhang
- GaN’s Frontal Assault on Silicon at 48 Volts
Presenter:Dr. Alex Lidow
- Design and Measurement of High Power Nanosecond Pulse Circuits for Laser Drivers
Presenter: Dr. John Glaser
- Evaluation of Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Scaling GaN FETs in High Step-down Ratio Half-Bridge Converters
Presenters: Dr. Jianjing Wang, Dr. Edward Jones, Dr. Michael de Rooij
- GaN-Based High-Density Unregulated 48 V to x V LLC Converters with ≥ 98% Efficiency for Future Data Centers
Presenters: Mohamed Ahmed, Dr. Michael de Rooij
- Improving Efficiency in Highly Resonant Wireless Power Systems
Presenters: Dr. Michael de Rooij, Dr. Yuanzhe Zhang
- Rectifier Topology Optimization in Resonant Wireless Power Systems
Presenter: Dr. Michael de Rooij, Dr. Yuanzhe Zhang
- Thermal Design for a High-Density GaN-Based Power Stage
Presenter: Dr. Edward Jones
- GaN Reliability for Automotive - Testing Beyond AEC-Q
Presenter: Dr. Robert Strittmatter
- Hard-Switching Dynamic Rdson Characterization of a GaN FET with an Active GaN-Based Clamping Circuit
Presenter: Dr. Edward Jones
Full schedule available at /epc/EventsandNews/APEC2019.aspx
Attendees interested in meeting with EPC applications experts during the event can schedule sessions in the EPC booth, or for a private meeting, meet in our customer suite. Private meeting requests can be submitted at https://epc-co.com/epc/Contact/RequestMeeting.aspx
EPC is the leader in enhancement mode gallium nitride based power management devices. EPC was the first to introduce enhancement-mode gallium-nitride-on-silicon (eGaN) FETs and integrated circuits as power MOSFET replacements in applications such as DC-DC converters, wireless power transfer, envelope tracking, automotive, power inverters, remote imaging and sensing technology (Lidar), and Class-D audio amplifiers with device performance many times greater than the best silicon power MOSFETs. EPC also has a growing portfolio of eGaN-based integrated circuits that provide even greater space, energy, and cost efficiency.
eGaN is a registered trademark of Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, Inc.
Efficient Power Conversion:
Renee Yawger ([email protected])