EPC9173 35 ARMS 3-Phase BLDC Motor Drive Reference Design Board
The EPC9173 demonstration board is a 3-phase BLDC motor drive inverter board featuring the EPC23101 ePower™ Stage IC.
The EPC9173 contains all the necessary critical functions circuits to support a complete motor drive inverter including gate drivers, regulated auxiliary power rails for housekeeping supplies, voltage, and temperature sense, accurate current sense, and protection functions.
The board can also be configured for multi-phase DC–DC conversion.
The EPC9173 mates with an assortment of compatible controllers, supported by various manufacturers leveraging existing resources for quick development purposes, that can quickly be configured as a motor drive inverter or DC–DC converter.
One (1) EPC9173 evaluation board
One (1) EPC9147A controller board
One (1) EPC9147E controller board
- 3-phase inverter based on EPC23101 ePower™ Stage IC with wide input DC voltage ranging from 20 V to 80 V
- Small size: 130 x 100 mm (including connector)
- Low distortion switching that keeps motor audio emission low and reduces torque ripple
- dv/dt optimized for motor drives less than 10 V/ns with option to increase dv/dt for DC–DC applications
- Current sense, voltage sense, temperature monitoring circuit
- Protection features including: over-current and input supply under voltage lockout
- BLDC motor drives
- Synchronous buck DC-DC converters