Integrated Circuits and Applications Test Engineer
Must already be based in USA
Occasional travel between EPC’s Aliso Viejo design center and El Segundo, Los Angeles. Primarily based in Aliso Viejo office. May require occasional travel to customer sites.
Design test boards and develop automated lab tests for the functional testing and characterization of GaN based integrated circuits (ICs). Involved in developing application boards that use the IC in various novel ways.
- Design printed circuit boards (PCB) for the testing of medium-power, high-frequency ICs.
- Design test functions and develop automated test software for functional verification and characterization of ICs developed in-house at EPC.
- Proficient in the use of various test equipment such as high-speed oscilloscopes, source-meters, arbitrary waveform generators, function generators, power supplies and DMMs.
- Document and create detailed test reports and use this in the creation of customer-oriented data sheets for the ICs.
- Occasional support to EPC’s Application Group in the creation of novel application boards that use EPC’s ICs for external customers.
- Involvement in layout of the integrated circuits and design (if interested).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient in the knowledge and application of electrical engineering concepts related to circuit theory, analog and digital circuits with emphasis on analog power electronics.
- Experience with Python, C++ or other programming languages for the development of automated test software.
- Experience with the use of Altium (or related) CAD tools for PCB design.
- Experienced user of Microsoft’s suite of tools.
- Familiarity with data analysis tools such as JMP
- Excellent analytical and trouble-shooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of hardware related electrical engineering work.
Send resume to [email protected]. Place the job opening number in the subject line of the email. Provide resume in PDF format and use full name in file name