EPC is a pioneer in GaN based power devices and integrated circuits. We are enabling new applications from machine to environment awareness using LIDAR to an integrated and cordless world through wireless power. We are innovators and drivers for a highly efficient power delivery chain of the future.
The GaN IC PDK Developer plays a lead role in technology development, with key responsibilities including:
- Discover, invent and design various circuit elements, such as capacitors, inductors, resistors, various types of active elements such as comparators, voltage references, logic gates, etc, compatible with a GaN IC process.
- Discover, invent and design new types of active elements such as P-type and D-mode enhancement mode FETs, combinations, diodes, etc. compatible with a GaN IC process
- Discover and draft process to realize various elements on a GaN IC compatible substrate such as well structures in the substrate
- Working with counsel, draft patent applications
- Draft testing and evaluation procedures and reports that can be used as part of the discovery and invention process
- Draft specifications of the various elements that can be used to build sub-circuits
- Draft and provide simulate-able elements that can be used to build sub-circuits
- Draft mask layout – specifications, layout, procedures for manufacturing
- Evaluate sub-circuit performance and extract information for improvements to elements
- Design and implement IC test probing
The goal is to develop a “drag and drop” capability for an expanded team of IC designers that leads to a highly reliable first pass success with increasingly complex integrated circuits built in GaN.