Integrated Circuit Layout Engineer
El Segundo and Aliso Viejo
Physical design & layout of analog ICs in Gallium Nitride process technology, from concept to successful tape-out.
- Mask layout and design at both individual die and reticle levels.
- DRC, ERC, LVS, PEX, and debugging of layouts.
- Translate IC circuit schematics into a physical layout.
- Physical layouts of R&D mask sets, working from diagrams and verbal or written instructions.
- Understand, interpret, and apply Design Rule Manuals.
- Documentation of layouts.
- Works under the guidance of multiple IC designers on separate layout projects.
- Self-driven and motivated to achieve schedules and commitments.
- Participates in design reviews.
- Overall reticle assembly and finishing.
- Writes Mask Tooling/Order forms.
- Previous Analog IC layout experience is a “Plus.”
- Previous PCB layout experience is a “Plus.”
- Proficiency with one or more commercial design tools used for the layout of ICs or PCBs, such as Cadence Virtuoso, Altium, Mentor Calibre, or Tanner Tools, is a “Plus.”
- Proficient working in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Language and writing: Fluent in verbal and written English.
- Bachelor's degree, AA degree, or equivalent, in a relevant subject area.
- Must be USA-based and possess valid USA Government work permits.
On-site work is preferred, but some remote work may be possible. If working remotely, regular periodic travel to EPC’s El Segundo and Orange County offices is needed.
Send resume to [email protected]. Place the job opening number in the subject line of the email. Provide resume in PDF format and use full name in file name