Designers using state-of-the-art GaN transistors and IC’s for power conversion now have the use of an interactive web-based parametric selection tool to search for the best possible GaN solution for their given power conversion system.
EL SEGUNDO, Calif.—April 2016— Efficient Power Conversion Corporation (EPC) announces the implementation of a user-controlled GaN product selector search tool on the EPC website, epc-co.com. Based upon years of EPC customer interactions, this web-based product selector guide provides power system design engineers the following:
- An ability to conduct easy-to-use parametric searches for eGaN FETs and ICs to narrow searches for the best products for their given application
- Intuitive way to search all eGaN FET & IC products, with easy-to-modify parameter selection criteria
- Capability to save configuration for later viewing, and ability to email, print, or export results
- Quick links to specific product landing pages with datasheets, design support documentation, and development boards
- Ability to check distributor inventory and purchase products directly for the selector tool
According to Nick Cataldo, vice president of sales and marketing, “This comprehensive product selector guide provides detailed product information in an organized manner that makes parametric specification comparison quick and easy. In addition to fundamental power transistor specifications such as input voltage, on-resistance, and output current ratings, this tool provides a full range of specifications needed to make the best component selection for given circuit conditions. This is a “must have,” time-saving design tool for engineers designing the superior performance of GaN into their power conversion systems.”
Visit epc-co.com and enter the world of gallium nitride transistors and IC’s; learn the fundamental attributes and applications of GaN technology that give it the power to displace the venerable, but performance bound, MOSFET.
EPC is the leader in enhancement mode gallium nitride based power management devices. EPC was the first to introduce enhancement-mode gallium-nitride-on-silicon (eGaN) FETs as power MOSFET replacements in applications such as DC-DC converters, wireless power transfer, envelope tracking, RF transmission, power inverters, remote sensing technology (LiDAR), and Class-D audio amplifiers with device performance many times greater than the best silicon power MOSFETs. EPC also has a growing portfolio of eGaN-based integrated circuits that provide even greater space, energy, and cost efficiency.
eGaN is a registered trademark of Efficient Power Conversion Corporation, Inc.
Efficient Power Conversion Corporation Joe Engle, 310.986.0350