EPC9194 40 ARMS 3-Phase BLDC Motor Drive Inverter
The EPC9194 demonstration board is a 3-phase BLDC motor drive inverter board featuring the EPC2302 eGaN FET 1.8 mΩ maximum RDS(on), 100 V maximum device voltage. The EPC9194 can deliver up to 60 Apk (40 ARMS) steady state output current.
The board can also be configured for multi-phase DC–DC conversion and the EPC2302 supports PWM switching frequencies up to 250 kHz in motor drive applications and 500 kHz in DC-DC applications.
The EPC9194 contains all the necessary critical functions circuits to support a complete motor drive inverter including gate drivers, regulated auxiliary power rails for housekeeping supplies, voltage, and temperature sense, accurate current sense, and protection functions.
The EPC9194KIT includes:
One (1) EPC9194 evaluation board
One (1) EPC9147C controller board
One (1) EPC9147E controller board
- 3-phase inverter based on EPC2302 eGaN FET with wide input DC voltage ranging from 14 V to 60 V
- Dimensions: L x W = 130 mm x 10 mm (including connector)
- Low distortion switching that keeps motor audio emission low and reduces torque ripple
- dv/dt optimized for motor drives less than 10 V/ns with option to increase dv/dt for DC–DC applications
- Current sense, voltage sense, temperature monitoring circuit
- Protection features including: over-current and input supply under voltage lockout
- Shaft encoder/Hall sensors interface connector for motor drive application with two voltage levels selection option
- The board can also be configured to operate as a synchronous buck DC–DC converter
- BLDC motor drives
- Synchronous buck DC-DC converters