EPC9167/EPC9167HC - Motor Drive
Reference Design Boards
The EPC9167 demonstration board is a 3-phase BLDC motor drive inverter board featuring the EPC2065 eGaN FET 3.6 mΩ maximum RDS(on), 80 V maximum device voltage.
The EPC9167 is provided in two configurations. The standard configuration (EPC9167) uses single FET’s for each switch position and can deliver up to 20 ARMS and the high current configuration (EPC9167HC) uses two paralleled FET’s per switch position and can deliver up to 42 Apk (30 ARMS) maximum output current.
The board can also be configured for multi-phase DC–DC conversion and the EPC2065 supports PWM switching frequencies up to 250 kHz in motor drive applications and 500 kHz in DC-DC applications.
The EPC9167 contains all the necessary critical functions circuits to support a complete motor drive inverter including gate drivers, regulated auxiliary power rails for housekeeping supplies, voltage, and temperature sense, accurate current sense, and protection functions.
The EPC9167 mates with an assortment of compatible controllers, supported by various manufacturers leveraging existing resources for quick development purposes, that can quickly be configured as a motor drive inverter or DC–DC converter.
The EPC9167KIT includes:
One (1) EPC9167 or EPC9167HC evaluation board
One (1) EPC9147C controller board
One (1) EPC9147E controller board
- 3-phase inverter based on EPC2065 eGaN FET with wide input DC voltage ranging from 14 V to 60 V
- Small size: 130 x 100 mm (including connector)
- Low distortion switching that keeps motor audio emission low and reduces torque ripple
- dv/dt optimized for motor drives less than 10 V/ns with option to increase dv/dt for DC–DC applications
- Current sense, voltage sense, temperature monitoring circuit
- Protection features including: over-current and input supply under voltage lockout
- BLDC motor drives
- Synchronous buck DC-DC converters